RE: Involved in a car accident. Next step? Attorney? Insurance? What?


I was involved in a car accident this past weekend. I was working to work when I saw my friend walking the other way. We stopped on a street corner and started talking. Then the crash happened. Allegedly a red Hyundai sante fe ran a red light and T-boned a dodge magnum. It hit the car hard enough to swoop around and it took my friend out. The car swooped infront of me within 1 foot. The cops, ambulance, fire truck, the works were all there. The police took down all the info and said that everything we all need will be in the police report. At this time I don’t know if alcohol was involved or if the car ran a red light. My friend was actually able to stand up and walk and I was fine as well.

I’m wondering what the next step is right now. What should I do? Consult an attorney? Talk to both drivers insurance companies? What? I walk the same route every weekend for work and now I can’t really seem to focus on crossing the street. A sort of anxiety if you will kicks in and I don’t want to cross. A mental trauma I guess you can call it? I can’t really cross any streets downtown now without taking longer to do so and even then it’s quite a process. Information will be appreciated. I have never been in this position before and I’m not sure what to do. Thank you.

alex Silver Asked on January 16, 2019 in Business & Finance.
Add Comment
1 Answers
Best answer

An accident is a specific, unpredictable, unusual and unintended external action which occurs in a particular time and place, with no apparent and deliberate cause but with marked effects. It implies a generally negative outcome which may have been avoided or prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence.

Since you have anxiety now, you had a negative outcome. Pick up a copy of the report to get the information needed on the person who ran the red light.

Go see your doctor about the problem of anxiety, and get a diagnosis and prognosis from him.

Contact the insurance of the at fault person and ask for compensation for the anxiety caused by their client almost hitting you.

Only if they are not cooperative with you would you need to consider an attorney.

Star Answered on January 16, 2019.
Add Comment

Your Answer

By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.